"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Jackson, our Labradoodle

If you know us, you probably already know (and hopefully love) our dog, Jackson. We picked up Jackson in the ghetto of Baltimore about 3 months after we were married and have been happily raising him since. He was the runt of 12 pups and the last one left for pick-up, which made our decision quite easy :-) A little skittish at first, Jackson is a good model of what good old fashioned love can do to a spirit. Thanks to some focused time with Adam, Jackson can easily perform the classic tricks such as Sit, Lay, Stay, Roll Over, Pray, Pick-A-Hand, and Balance a treat on your nose. He has provided a lot of laughs and company for Adam & I in these last few years and actually taught us a lot about working together for a common goal. Unfortunately, Jackson has recently displayed some aggressive behavior towards children and so we are forced to find a new home for him. At this point, come August 14th we will be leaving him with a foster home until 'the perfect' family comes along for him. This obviously breaks our hearts, but we're hoping that finding a better home for him than what we're able to provide will ease the separation anxiety we all are sure to have! And come December, hopefully the new baby will keep us busy enough that we'll be grateful for less responsibility! We do love this pup and there are many days I wish I lived on a ranch and we could just keep him and let him live the good life :)






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Katie! Thanks for inviting us to view your blog! It's great! We're so sorry you have to give up Jackson. We know it will be a sad day for you, so we'll be thinking about you.

Unknown said...

I like the dog that is dressed up like Adam.

Ja7 said...

Jacko - keep "praying to Jesus" and you'll never go wrong! You're a truly wonderful dog... I wish throwing you into a family with 4 kids weren't such a cruel thing to do to you, or else you'd have a home with us right away. But since you've got such wonderful parents, I know they'll find you just the right new home!
Good Boy!!!

The Kaemingk's said...

Oh little Jacks ... we do love him. He'll find another happy home!