In keeping with the theme of welcoming in the new and sadly saying farewell to the old... this week at the Roberts house, it was my car. Many of you may not only remember my car, but have probably been a passenger or driver of it as well. It has faithfully served me for the past 9.5 years. It saw me through high school, college, marriage, the trek across the States, and the first 3 years in Annapolis. It's an '89 Honda Accord and besides some mishaps with the AC, it's been a champ. Since I got it with only 30,000 miles, it only has 117,000 now and will probably go on to live a great life with someone else for the next 100,000+ miles. However, Baby Girl Roberts & I must move on and thus have upgraded to a safe, reliable, (and TALL!) 2002 Toyota Highlander. I already love driving it and, even though it's the middle of summer, I couldn't help but utilize the heated seats!! With a sunroof, 6 disc changing system, leather interior that's not ripped, man, what more can a girl ask for?! The insurance and title etc. all went through this week, so it's official. Welcome to the family, Highlander.
(Old Faithful, my 19 yr old car)

(Our newest addition, the 2002 Toyota Highlander)

(And the view you would get should you ever tailgate me)

(Basking in the glory of my first 'grown-up' car!)
4 comments:
Very nice! Lots of changes for the Roberts family, plenty more to come! Have you been feeling better? We'll have to catch up soon!
-Lindsey
LOVE it Katie! We cannot wait to ride in it...soon(: Welcome back to Annapolis! You have been missed!
love, james, lauren and isabel
Auntie Katie...I was hoping that since you now have a big, reliable car you could come and pick me up for play dates. I know that my little friend has not yet emerged into this really crazy world...but I can help you break in your car. I spit up, drowl like a champ and am starting to "eat" real food. I love you Auntie Katie. I cannot wait to play soon!
Love,
Isabel Kate
Dude, so I keep checking this thing and it's the same old entry. can we get something new please. we're dying for an update out here!
Post a Comment