"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig.

Phew. We're home. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of travel for us and have included 9 legs of flights across the country for me! It began with a 10 day trip out to Cannon Beach, Oregon to spend 6 days with my relatives The Johnsons, my Grandma Burleigh & my parents. Grandma was gracious enough to make the trip possible for me as I flew on her miles. After one blissful night at Gma's condo, we headed to Cannon Beach where it proceeded to rain for the majority of the trip -- I heard the rain came out just for my trip as it actually has been a beautiful summer out West! :-) Fortunately, we were able to make the most of it and spent time playing cards, dipping in the indoor hot tub (don't worry, I only put my toes in!), moseying around Seaside, watching the Olympics, and just catching up. Baby Girl Roberts seemed to know she was in good company and became very active which was great because Mom Burleigh, Gma B, and cousin Annie were all able to feel her kick during the vacation. I also spent some time just watching my belly and saw her jostling around - such a fun season of pregnancy! Gma B & I shared a bed during the time and got a kick out of how pregnancy and old age seem to take similar tolls on the body! We both were achy at times, got up frequently in the night and loved to get our sleep :-)

Baby's first trip to Cannon Beach (23ish weeks)

(Dad Burls & I at Haystack Rock)

Cuz Jenny, Aunt Jan, Friend Erin, Cuz Annie, Gma Burleigh, Momma B & Me)
HANGING IN THE HARBOR
Dad, Mom & I headed back to Gig Harbor after Cannon Beach and I got to spend 4 days with my bro John, sis Annie, and the dashing Lincoln in their new home. WHAT A TREAT! Lincoln has already changed so much since I saw him in June and it was fun to see John & Annie in their daily life. Gig Harbor is definitely growing, so it was fun to see 'home' again, yet all fancied up. A big surprise and fun highlight of the trip was also coming home from an outing with my bro John and walking in to a Baby Shower my sis-in-love threw for me!! I didn't have a camera with me, so I'll have to get pics later of the shower & all the fun things that are now filling our baby girl's room. It was a simple reminder that we need not worry about things because God is able to supply our needs and more -- in surprising ways sometimes! :-) Thanks Annie & all the friends/family that participated in blessing us with your prayers, friendship & gifts that day!
(Lincoln and his joyous dimples... I'd like to think he was just that happy to see me, but I think it was also because we allowed him to touch the vacuum and he was, as you can see, VERY happy about that!)

I took the red eye back to Annapolis and spent a few days at home before Adam & I both got on a plane to the wonderful island of MAUI for a Roberts family vacation! More on that trip in the next post...

1 comment:

BurleighFamily said...

Yeah I am on...thanks, not sure why it took so long, it made "the viewing" that much better:) Love you two in this pic...like crazy
Lincoln loves his Auntie so much