"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Is anyone watching this countdown?! ---->

So, we were very delinquent in our updates throughout November, and in all honesty, we are delinquent in many things these days! Though I am not on bedrest or anything serious like that, I have definitely reached that point in pregnancy where one is simply ready to move on to the next stage! The third trimester has brought with it some of the less-fun aspects of pregnancy... exhaustion coupled with trouble sleeping, restless legs, nausea, backaches, heartburn, and - just this past weekend - the 72 hr. flu! So, I have been down for the count for awhile, but also trying my best to keep things moving & preparing for Christmas, time away from work & the arrival of our baby girl!! I am sure this combination of adrenaline & exhaustion is similar to what one experiences after the baby comes too, so it's good practice :-) I think it's actually part of God's genius plan to include a third trimester in the pregnancy experience as it really does prepare you to just welcome childbirth (something women probably wouldn't necessarily whole-heartedly embrace otherwise!) It's still a bit intimidating thinking that we'll actually be in the hospital soon and I will actually have to help get this baby out of me, but it's exhilarating too and part of the whole process of partnering in a miracle. Both Adam & I are still a little awestruck that we may actually get to gaze on the face of our baby... perhaps that feeling doesn't ever really go away either.

The update. For all intensive purposes, we are ready to bring home the baby. The nursery is up and running and needs only a few more finishing touches. We don't have our hospital bag packed yet, but we do have a pile started. We are all decorated for Christmas thanks to Adam since I was fighting the flu during what was to be our productive 4 day holiday weekend. We've got a tree, outside lights, and all the fixins -- Adam even baked the famous Roberts family peach pie! We've 'graduated' from our birthing basics & lactation classes and so technically have all the info we should... although we certainly still feel like we have a lot to learn!

I have weekly appts. now with the midwives and on Monday was told the baby's head is still down and ready to go and I am beginning dilation and effacement! It doesn't look like the baby will be born tomorrow, but we are headed in the right direction and I'm grateful my body seems to be doing what it needs to. No contractions that I've noted yet, but the baby is definitely moving a ton. The midwife even started laughing at my last appt. because we were listening to the heartbeat and my stomach just kept bulging to the left & then the right etc. as our baby bumped around. I will definitely miss that part of pregnancy -- this little life that just does her thing as you go about your day!!

So there you go. We'll try to keep you better updated as we continue the countdown. Your prayers for a healthy & speedy labor would be appreciated... and though I'm prepared to go later than our due date, an early arrival wouldn't be too bad in my book! :-) Though if our babe is anything like me, I don't see her arriving early to anything - ha! Hopefully she's more like Adam in that aspect...


My super strong hubby


The first year we could tie the tree to the top of the car instead of stuffing it inside the car - wahoo! We thought this was very cool and grown-up of us :-)


A few pics of our homestead all glammed up for Christmas & baby!

(Do note Jackson's stocking on the right... we couldn't bear to not hang it this year!)




And a few belly shots... since I've been so sick these really are the only two I have at the moment! We did have another baby shower mid-November that two of my aunts & my sis Lauren threw for us, so I will hopefully get some of those pics & post them soon.

This is the baby belly at week 32...


And the baby belly at week 37

And here is the nursery thus far... still needs some work, but it's coming together! We've basically got a green, pink, brown & birdie theme going on... we look forward to many of you coming to see it & our baby soon!

My friend Diana & I picked out the fabric & sewed this bumper & skirt for the crib set. Granted, Diana did most the work & prep, but I was along for the straight line sewing and helped keep her company :-) It's been a long-term project & so it's really fun & rewarding to see it come together and to be able to tell our daughter someday that I helped make her bedding!


3 comments:

AnnieBanannie said...

Katie and Adam!
I am watching the countdown! I am watching it, praying over it and WAITING FOR IT. Is it wierd that I have already packed my overnight bag for when you call me and tell me "its time" and I meet you at the hospital, it will be VERY GREY'S ANATOMY of me. But dont feel pressured to give the child a middle name of "anna" (or maybe you should feel a little pressured).
Anyways I am so excited about your tree and must say that it is very true to Robert's form that you are ALREADY all set up for Christmas AND babe. Very impressive (adam I assume that was mostly you?!?)
I am so proud of both of you, katie for sewing something you can actually use and Adam for being so strong and man-handling that tree, very cool.
You two are my fav. (obviously excluding anyone reading this)

I love you bunches and seriously cant wait for this little lovey to come into our lives.

Annie

The Kaemingk's said...

AAHHHH!!!! I LOVE the baby room! I can't believe that was once the guest room - it looks so different! It's really beautiful and she is going to love it :). We are definitely counting down with you girl! I can't wait. And I can't believe how big you are now! I can't believe it's been almost five months since last I've seen you. PS - some news. Ryan and Qui are engaged and have decided the wedding will be in DC ... which means we are coming to visit!!! No official date yet, but they're thinking sometime in June. I am praying in advance that the date they pick will be a date that we can come and that you will be there! I must meet this little girl!!! We'll keep you updated - and you do the same!

Code 3 Apps said...

Katie you look amazing!!! You're all belly, not even any swelling that I could see. The nursery is really cute too. We'll be praying for you, hang in there!

Lindsey