Anabelle is officially 2 months old as of yesterday! She had her checkup and is looking good -- she's measuring & weighing in at 22 1/4" and 11lbs 3 oz. which Mom & Dad are thrilled about as the last month I've been letting her eat when she wants to, and that only ends up being about 5 mins. (10 max) every 3-5 hrs. Then she sleeps through the night for an average of 9 hrs. (sometimes 11!) I figured I'd let this dream life go on until our next checkup and then make changes as needed if she isn't gaining enough weight, but I got the A-OK from the doc and so we're all happy! Apparently she's our 5 minute wonder eating machine and that's just a gift we get to enjoy... for now :-)
She's becoming more and more alert and responsive, which is a joy to watch. I'm most surprised by how she just quietly watches the world around her... especially when I'm going about my tasks and then look over and there she is, staring me down! Just the other day I was rushing around getting ready to meet Adam on his lunch break and I look over and there was this cute peanut staring at me... needless to say, I stopped the rushing and had to take a pic.

Yes, we're all smiles now... however, moments later, this cute child proceeded to projectile vomit her lunch all down the front of both of us! We had a long 45 min. ride back home to change!

There aren't many times in your life you can say you are the size of a teddy bear!

When she's out, she's out. Enlightens us on the phrase "I slept like a baby"

Believe it or not, this little hat I used on my dolly when I was little! I found it in a box my mom brought from Washington and just had to try it on my new dolly, Anabelle.

Note the large drool about to drop!

Here's her model moment-- the classic gaze out the window shot. She pulls it off well we think.


Well of course we knew she did, but nothin' like a shirt to emphasize the fact! (Thanks for letting us borrow it cousin Isabel!)


Entertaining us with her half smiles.

Karen "Karebear" Stemwell came for a visit this week! Karen pretty much helped raise my brothers & I when we were babies & toddlers and so it was super fun to introduce her to my daughter! She said Anabelle indeed reminds her a bit of me at that age, but of course it was 27 years ago so everyone's having to refer to pics rather than memory these days! It was no surprise both Anabelle & Isabel were happy clams with Karen -- she obviously knows what she's doing!
We celebrated Uncle James' 29th Bday -- he's a great uncle and super dad and we hope this next year is full of blessing for you James! (Of course, he never reads this blog, so not sure why we included this shout out... :-> Perhaps a little incentive to log on??)

While we're on the James topic, we had to include a pic of Anabelle's bday buddy James Henry! James & his momma Belen usually come for a visit on Fridays and it's fun to get together and talk about what they are doing each week. I think both James & Anabelle are such serene babies - it'll be fun to see them take on this first year (and hopefully many more) together!

Daddy was going bowling, so we put Anabelle in her most bowling-esk shoes... slightly large, but cute nonetheless!

Uncle Peter loves his Anabelle. His quote when he picked her up, "Whoa. She's so light!" Lauren felt the need to get Isabel Kate in the pic too -- she didn't quite make it. Better luck next time Lauren!

Four generations! I'd say you can see the family resemblance.

Lolli is loving life these days...

Isabel Katherine turned 1 on Feb.11th!! We had the honor of having a party for her at our house and she showed up in this great Bday outfit... she was an awesome bday girl and had tastes of her cupcake, but kept it clean. A girl after my own heart :-)

1 comment:
Oh my goodness. That little girl has the sweetest facial expressions! I love her headbands too Katie - super fitting on her and absolutely adorable. PS - Isabel is looking so much like both her parents it's amazing ... she has more of them in her face then perhaps any child I've ever "seen" (since it's all via pictures). Miss you girl - love little Anabelle and can't wait to meet her. PS - got the DVD!!! Thank you!!!!
Post a Comment