"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, April 3, 2009

Cherry Blossom Brigade

Spring is here! Or atleast, that's what we are told. The weather wasn't the nicest for an afternoon downtown, but the cherry blossoms are in bloom and what kind of mothers would we be if we didn't take our kiddos for a stroll along the waterfront? We are only about an hour away from DC yet Adam & I rarely get there to visit anymore... but with the help of Lauren I was inspired to make the trek. And while it's crazy at times with pulling together all the gear and the kids, it was definitely worth it.

Here we are, the Cherry Blossom Brigade. As you can see from the expression of the man behind us, our crew definitely drew some attention and a few "oooh" and "awww"s as we moseyed around the tidal basin of the Potomac River. It was fun to meet new friends Diane and her little girl Lilly too!

Anabelle's first visit to the Washington Monument!

She loved it... or maybe she just loves the camera... or the lady behind the camera...

Telling me all about her day

What would I have done without Isabel's help? That stroller gets heavy and Isabel happily volunteered to push Anabelle around. Infact, while the other kids ran after the ducks, Isabel was busy pushing all the strollers!

I love how aware Isabel is of her cousin

You'll have to imagine these blossoms against a blue sky. It's prettier that way.

Lunch break!

Lovely Deeann, handsome Ben, and baby belly #2. Ben was a trooper as the male/female ratio was definitely out of kilter today!

At the end of the day, we stopped taking the time & energy to take the kids out of the stroller for pictures. I think they were okay with that! :-)

One last photo op

Phew. See ya next year cherry blossoms!

No comments: