"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh, The Things We Do & The People We See

Well, somehow we skipped Spring and went straight into summer. We've been "enjoying" 90+ degree weather here in Annapolis, and it seemed like the trees filled in & turned green pretty much overnight. The only sad thing about skipping Spring is that we can't do our casual strolls outside very well as the humidity and heat are not baby friendly -- or human friendly for that matter. While we really like the East Coast, we will say that there is no contest that Washington has much better summers. We're no wimps though, so we do get out and have indeed had quite a fun month! Anabelle had her 4 month check-up on the 23rd and is weighing in at 14 lbs. 6 oz. and measuring 24 3/4 inches tall. Basically, as far as percentiles go, she is in the 50-75 percentile... but Adam & I refer to her as "perfectly average" :-) She's still a sleep-aholic, which is a great bond with her momma. She has found her shrill scream this month and actually uses it most when she's happy. She's rolling, smiling, giggling, and get stronger by the day it seems. We are very grateful for the joy she continues to add to our lives and for all of you friends & family who continue to celebrate her with us.

I have begun an "Anabelle sucking her fingers" folder as we recently realized she does this all the time. We call it her "I Love You" pose as she holds up the sign language for I Love You and sucks her middle two fingers. The funny thing is she always throws her left arm over her mouth as if she's trying to protect or hide her fingers! It cracks us up, but is also wonderful as I know that when I see her do this, it means she'll be fast asleep in a few moments. Gotta love those cues from kids! I wanted to share this one, but the skew of finger sucking photos will come in a later post when I've collected more months!

And just so you know she's not ALWAYS happy... :-) Adam & I actually like it when she cries -- she's so cute!

Smiles before bed

Lesson learned. Do not dangle perfectly grabable hair in front of child.

Evidence of Adam's artistic talents... she's a good muse

Photo op infront of Aunt Belen's beautiful garden!



Anabelle loves the water! Though she usually takes showers, we decided to pull out the ol' bath tub and it was cute to watch her study that running water.

She's slowly getting bigger than her teddy bear! (Thanks for the cute summer dress Tai!)

Anabelle is thrilled about finally getting to meet Liz (Blizard) who braved the heat and went on a walk with her

Fortunately we all had some cold tangerines and got to cool down with Shannon afterwards

And look who else came to visit?! Emily is awesome at entertaining Belle

Mom tried too... but Emily was probably more entertaining

She was mesmerized by Justin and Ben as well... she seems to really like the fellas (uh oh!)

1 comment:

Code 3 Apps said...

Too funny about her little "I love you" sign as she sucks her hand! I also love the one of her grabbing your hair, she totally has this expression of "what?" on her face! She's catching up to Eden in size, Eden slowed way down in growth and was only 15 lb at her 6 month check up, funny how their weight gain speeds up and slows down all the time. I'll be thinking about you this weekend as the guys get together, hope you and little 'Belle have a great weekend!

Lindsey