"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fresh from the West

Anabelle & I returned from our trip back West this past Thursday and while Adam (having held down the fort solo for the past 8 days) felt like the time dragged by, I felt like it just breezed by too quickly- though it is much harder being a 'single mom', even when surrounded by fam! Of course, we all know distance is easier on the one that is distracted with all the fun & activity that family, friends & vacation bring :-) Adam was a trooper though and he filled his time easily as he was kindly invited to many dinners and also took a quick jaunt to Brooklyn to visit our buddy Justin. We are slowly recovering and getting back on our schedule -- Anabelle slept 13 hours straight our first day back, so we could tell she had partied hard!

There is certainly too much to share, so a brief overview will just have to suffice. Highlights of the trip include:

~ Taking on the airport and cross country plane ride with my lovely sis-in-law Lauren & niece Isabel Kate (let's just say the passengers were more accommodating of children than the flight attendants)
~ Meeting our newest nephew James Douglas (who is a gem) and getting time Lincoln & John & Annie (+ celebrating John's 31st bday!)
~Anabelle meeting her doting Great Grandma Burleigh & hanging at her apartment that overlooks the beautiful city of Seattle. The Seattle weather was awesome too - what a perk
~Anabelle meeting the extended fam, The Johnsons, and bonding with them. She really warmed up to Uncle Steve!! And cousin Annie was her #1 fan :-)
~Getting time with some friends + kids in the area (I so apologize to those of you who I wasn't able to see! The time just flew & there was too much to do, but we will be back!!)
~Seeing Mom Roberts & hanging out at her place in Seattle as well as hitting up the posh restaurant Cutters... where Anabelle sat in her first high chair I may add!
~Visiting the old coffee shop (Cutterspoint) I worked at all through high school & some of college and getting a powdered white chocolate mocha... how I live without a daily dose of those I will never know
~ And yes, getting a red bean (ie kidney bean) bubble tea (ie with gelatin) drink... sooo good. Don't you love going back to your hometown where you know all the spots to go and all the radio stations!

Lots of pics to share -- I'll post a few of my favs below, but if you're up for the ol' slideshow, click on the link! I'm not going to take the time to sort through them, so I apologize for any multiples -- but atleast you'll get a good feel for the moments!
LINK TO MORE PICTURES

Kare-bear, Lolli & Anabelle hangin at Gma B's

Fun outing with Gma Roberts! Such a treat!

Love that you can see Isabel & Anabelle playing in the background of this pic... Lolli is in heaven!

Quick visit with friends & our growing kid population!

BEST PICTURE EVER!!!! We didn't even realize we got this on camera at first. Basically Isabel continues to be very aware, attentive, and loving to Anabelle whenever she comes into the room. Anabelle had just joined the party one morning and Isabel laid down for a diaper change and just casually reaches over and starts playing with AB's ear... neither seemed too bothered by the fact that the ear is being stretched to its limit! :-) My oh my.

Finally! Great-Gma B and Anabelle meet... and both are thrilled about it!

Another classic. Anabelle LOVES grabbing glasses and apparently this was a surprise to my cuz Jenny!

Belle & Linc in the morning

Annie had the greatest toys around and this was an instant fav of Belle's. Next year she may be big enough for the bouncy house they have!!

Red and white "Grandma sandwich" in Seattle

1 comment:

LD said...

SO ADORABLE!!!!