"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, March 1, 2010

Boy Oh Boy!

We began the morning with an ultrasound... and found out we are expecting a BABY BOY in July! Oh Boy!!!

18.5 weeks and proudly showing off our Baby Boy!!

We are very excited that Anabelle will have a little brother to love and thrilled to report Baby Boy Roberts is healthy, active (to quote the tech "He's a wiggly one!"), and all boy! We are thankful for all your prayers & joy! 'Mom' is doing well and enjoying the lack of nausea that carrying a male has brought =), though has caught a bad cold and I've lost my voice! So, we apologize we can't make all the phone calls and tell you personally, but hope you know we're thinking of you all as we receive this great news.

We are grateful for your friendship and for the blessing of this little life in our midst.

Both Adam & I had 'a sense' the baby was a boy, but it is so fun to know for sure he is who we are expecting! This is one time too that all the 'wives tales' proved true. For example, my mother's intuition said boy... I was CRAVING citrus in the beginning weeks of pregnancy... At our very first ultrasound way back when, I saw the baby and my first thought was, "Oh, look at the baby brother!"... And just this weekend Anabelle got into a huge pile of my stationary & cards, then proceeded to weed through it all, pick out a card, walk it over to me, and when I graciously took it, the card read "IT'S A BOY!" and was bright blue! Apparently, Anabelle knew too! =) Plus, with Anabelle we had her name picked out well in advance, and had no boy names... and this time around, we have our boy named picked out (no, we won't tell you until after he's born!) and have no girl names! So, our boy is most definitely happily received, anticipated and we are so very grateful for a healthy baby and the joy of waiting to squeeze & snuggle him this summer!

3 comments:

LD said...

I had no idea about citrus! I can't get enough oranges these days ... maybe Baby D. is a he! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

On Wings Like Eagles said...

My mom and I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATION I am sure annabel will love a little baby brother.
Cassi and Gale Peck

Emily Ambuske said...

Congrats Katie and Adam!!

We are having a boy in the next month and I am anticipating it being a whole different world!

Can't wait to see photos of your little guy this summer!