"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting on with Life

Just a quick update to let you know that as of this weekend, Anabelle has made the full adjustment to life with hot pink cast. She's no longer crying for loss of her finger soothers before bed or nap AND I don't have to have her on a weird schedule so she's super tired and unable to cry long to go to bed. So, we are enjoying a bit of normalcy around here this past week. She pretty much ignores her right hand, though it's so cute (and sad!) when she tries to use it to pick up things, etc. She can maneuver it well, but it just breaks your heart to watch!

Happy camper with her cast cover... even the pediatric small is a bit big! More proof that kids aren't supposed to break at her young age!!

Loves to climb up on everything still... it's almost like she's proving to herself that she isn't limited by one arm. Here she is just chillin' with me at the dinner table one night -- and then she casually grabbed my glasses and was obviously too cool to be hangin' with Mom that night!

In other news, baby boy is growing well. Guess he's around 5lbs and 18" long now! Sounds to me like he'd be healthy enough to come and meet us all, but that probably is selfish thinking =) I am just hoping he either follows in his sister's footsteps and is right on time, or defies "Burleigh standard operating time" and is early! Not that I don't love the kicks and joy of carrying this little life, I just would rather do it maybe in a world without gravity and thus less hip & back pain, cramped lungs, ya know, the works. It's still very surreal that he is his own little person and is being given to us!

33 weeks and counting
I do always appreciate this season in life when a big belly is quite appreciated and even complimented!

4 comments:

The Jonker Family said...

Yay little boy! Can't wait to meet him. You look great :)

Adam, Stacy and Kara said...

Like I said...you look amazing! Can't wait to meet the little guy!!

The Kaemingk's said...

Looking good girl - hang in there!!!

Code 3 Apps said...

You look great, hang in there, this last part was always the hardest for me!