"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, July 30, 2010

Come and Gone...

Well, no baby... and the due date has now come and gone, shucks. Apparently he will be doing things on his own timing! As much as I'd like to go into labor, I am surprisingly doing just fine. I think for so long you feel like you are never going to get there. And now that I'm here, well, the end is in site. I have had some signs that the end of this pregnancy may be near, and even that bit of encouragement has seemed to give me a renewed 'bounce' in my step (though to the naked eye, it would seem I still waddle more than bounce of course =>)

I also have great distractions in life right now. A husband who comes home after work and is able to help out or hang out with Anabelle & I, family in town, good friends that are checking in, and the whole of society who gasps and smiles at my belly and offers polite compliments or gestures to encourage me along in the day. I've had a few bursts of energy that have allowed me to wrap up a lot of lingering projects and helped make me feel more productive than I have in weeks! And today, I had my first maid come to clean all the places my back and belly hasn't let me reach in months... and thanks to her, I discovered the magic eraser! My new best friend, where has it been all my life?!?! Magic eraser & I have been scrubbing walls all evening -- way too addicting and rewarding.

As for pics, here ya go! A few lingering events that I have failed to post but that are certainly blog worthy and that I wanted to get out there before the baby comes ~ Enjoy!

Oh, to have a waist again =)
39 weeks!
Our friends from our bible study group (Petrehns, Michaels, Hunts, and Garns) threw us a surprise dinner to celebrate baby boy a few weeks ago! They are always so thoughtful and go above and beyond to bless us. Here is the yummy spread!
And Genevieve created this adorable (and delicious) frog cake galore! Are you kidding me Martha Stewart?!
The frog helped welcome baby Rrrrroberts quite well
Victoria came and figured out how to use food to lure Anabelle to play!
Cute newborn & little sis Katie Marie was in attendance too... though may not remember some of the party =)
Her cast didn't hinder Anabelle from enjoying the festivities!
A fun shot of the girls in the group
And just last week my lovely sis Lauren & the girls in my small group helped throw a little celebration & prayer time for baby boy! It was so nice to be able to slow down one evening and dedicate some time to thinking, talking & praying about this babe. We forgot about the camera though until most of the guests had left however. But, atleast we got some documentation of the evening! Thanks to all who were able to make it ~ I was so blessed!
The after-party lingerers: Cuz Anna, Cuz Deeann, me, Sis Lauren, & friend Erin (also expecting a boy, so fun!)
My friend Diane (far left) graciously helped host the event at her lovely home... she even whipped up some fresh sangria ~ yummmm!
And creative Shannon made these adorable personalized cookies. Indeed, we 'partied with Baby Boy Roberts' quite well that night!
In efforts to beat the 105+ degree heat wave, I took AB to visit my mom in Arlington and we journeyed to their neighborhood park with this glorious water play site!
Forgive me for not venturing to put on AB's swimsuit... just too hot & complicated for that!
And this is the moment she became disenchanted with the water park... how dare the water surprise her & spray her in the face!!
She was more devoted to staying on the outskirts of the park from then on =)
And even sat a few out =)
Although we've sported bows since newborn stage, she is now allowing more elaborate bows to be placed in her hair and letting them stay there (finally!!)
Reading books with Lolli

Whenever I need a moment to rest or lay down, I just prop up the Princess Tent, throw some books inside, and AB is good to go! Love how she embraces books. You can see how happy she is!
Our little princess
And today we had the joy of having Anabelle's Bday Buddy James Henry come to visit! He was making sure AB knew what she was doing here =)
And of course they had to check the engine before hitting the sidewalks
A true surprise, James wanted to ride more than push the car! AB was fortunately content with that decision too.
My cuz Belen... due in a little over a week (or sooner!) We are still thinking it'd be quite a story to have babies only hours apart again... we'll see!
Perhaps our last belly shot together... this time around! =)

3 comments:

The Jonker Family said...

Just love the pics. So wish we could have been in the Arlington park together--that is James' fave park. You look so great and this baby is coming so soon & we cannot wait to meet the little man. Cannot wait!

LD said...

Come on already Mr. Roberts! The world is waiting for you!

The Felts Family said...

Love the pics Katie! So impressed with all your blogging too. You look awesome and your baby boy is going to come out at JUST the right time, not a minute sooner! You're doing great, keep up the good work!!!!! You look amaaaazing. Praying for you!! xoxo