We were so blessed to have Grandpa Roberts spend a night with us recently. He was traveling in the area (like, Ohio) and rerouted so we were a stop on the trip. Anabelle was so excited to see him. When I put her down for her nap that day I said, "Anabelle, let's go night night and when you wake up, Grandpa will be here!" And she pulled her arms into her chest, smiled really big and kinda shivered with excitement and said, "Yesssth!" And, I will add, she then looked at me and said, "Grandma too??" You were missed Mom Roberts!! =) She is already talking daily about, "Me go see dolphins this summer?" (ie, our pending FL/Disneyworld/Seaworld trip with the whole Roberts fam in August) so we are definitely geared up for some more time together!
Happy with Grandpa!
Major kudos to Dad Roberts for hopping on. I did this last week so Oli could ride too and I paid for it in vertigo all day!! Oh, to be young again...
Quite impressed that I actually had the camera ready and waiting as Oliver figured out the step for the first time.
One leg up...
...Scooch a little here...
...and voila! The conquering of the stair! I unfortunately missed it, but he then looked right up at me with this great satisfied smile =) What a guy.
And, in case you needed it, here is proof of how terribly sick the kids and I have been this past week. Oliver had it written all over his face, and for some reason, I just fell in love with this kid all over again. He was so miserable, and received love so well in the midst of it, that you just couldn't help but feel for the guy. Though, there may have been some empathy in there too -- it was brutal buddy, I know!


And look who else stopped by for a visit! Our dear friend Sheila drove out with my mom from Arlington today to bring Oliver the quilt she made him and to snuggle the kiddos. What a fun morning treat!




No comments:
Post a Comment