"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Me Throw 'Flouwlers' (Jenny's Wedding!)

So my dear cousin Jenny got hitched to the wonderful Mr. Bryan Wood on June 11th in Seattle, WA. And, she asked me to be a bridesmaid and Anabelle to be her flower girl. This was Anabelle's first invitation to a wedding.... and she was over-the-moon about the invite. Unfortunately, I thought I should probably prepare her for her 'duties' as a flower girl, so we started talking about it all a few weeks out. Big mistake. For about 3 weeks, every time she woke up or went down for naps or bedtime, she'd say, "Me throw flouwlers Jenny's wedding!!" Followed by, "Please, pleeeeeease Mommy, me go now, go airplane high in the sky, see Lincoln [he was the ring bearer] throw flouwlers Jenny's wedding!!??" But, of course, we waited patiently, and the day finally came. Adam was in the middle of DAT studies, so we recruited my mom and headed out West for a 10 day wedding trip! My Burleigh extended fam and NW friends hadn't met Oliver yet either, so it was fun to catch up.

There are A LOT of pics I went ahead and included in this post. Oh, the freedom of blogging. So, in case you aren't the picture-type, I've put my 2 absolute favs of Anabelle, the flower girl, here at the top, so you can just stop reading here =) Enjoy.

Moments before heading down the aisle. Perhaps the magnitude of her role in the wedding was beginning to sink in here!

Hello Little Miss America. This was taken right after she had been given freedom to sing into the microphone (since it was off)... she was on a high to say the least!
[My mom has the video of her in front of the mic, so it'll be posted at a later time.]

Okay, now for those of you who are still with me, I begin, the Seattle vacay in pictures...

These are the superheroes that welcomed us upon our arrival to Gig Harbor

Lolli wasted no time capturing the kids' attention with a story

Uncle John took us all on a walk to see the llamas. Linc & Anabelle collected 'flouwlers' along the way

Both Linc & James were awesome with Oliver. Whenever I praised Lincoln for his sensitivity towards Oliver, he'd intently look me in the eyes and quite matter-of-fact state, "I love babies."

On one of the rainier days, we headed to one of the many indoor entertainment centers for kids. It was a big hit for all ages. These stuffed dogs James is squeezing in the pic below were in particular a big hit. Anabelle dragged her pup by its leash all around the play area. And, when it was time to leave, she gave a valiant effort in trying to elude the 'security guard' at the door making sure all the toys stayed behind. To this day, Anabelle will sometimes just look at me and say, "Lady take my doggy away" and I know precisely what moment she's referring to =)

Lincoln made symmetrical pizzas

What a treat to drop in on my fun & faithful childhood friend, Annamarie, and her growing bunch! We had our summer 2010 babies only weeks apart, so this was the first time little Audrey Joy & Oliver got to meet. Definitely could've happily spent much more time with this precious crew and my dear friend!

Alaina, Jonathan & Anabelle... chummin' it up

Most conveniently, during the week, Mom Roberts lives only minutes from GrammaRene's apt in Seattle, so we got a fun visit from her one evening! Oliver was smitten =)

And the bridal party celebrations begin! Jenny & I out for manicures, dinner & a movie

Bridesmaid Me, Bride Jenny, Maid of Honor Erin

These moments were long awaited by us all

Anabelle playing peek-a-boo at the rehearsal dinner

Karen, who used to care for me as a kiddo, somehow ended up with my kiddo for most of the events. THANK YOU Karebear!!

My cuz Annie, Jenny's sis & bridesmaid, was so great with Anabelle

Erin, Jenny & Sherry with Anabelle

Oliver got a kick out of his Great Uncle Steve!

AB and I prepping for our walk down the aisle!

Gotta take a quick break from being so grown up and hang with the blankee, of course

Ha! She didn't even seem to mind her head wreath had slipped a wee bit =)

GrammaRene is the best. She made us feel SO welcomed and loved -- which she has been doing all my life. Such a treat to get to stay at her apt. and feel like a kid once again!

Let them eat cake!!

Linc, Anabelle & Lolli 'cuttin a rug'

Somehow, this is the only pic I have of Mr. & Mrs. Bryan Wood (!!) Of course, Jenny looked like a princess... I kept telling her I was upset she didn't get married before me so I could borrow her dress, ha! No, but seriously.

My lovely sis Annie (pregnant with Hannah Mae -- who just made her debut July 13th! More details & pics to come!)

L-Dawg was a great ring bear. He was told Lolli would give him a treat at the end of the aisle, so he hustled down swinging his ring pillow and leaving AB in the dust. Meanwhile, she walked slowly, didn't drop a single flower petal on the aisle, then ran up to me as I stood upfront... but, they were both adorable and had a blast, so mission accomplished

Helping Jenny stop and smell the 'flouwlers'

Told ya these two were quite the pair! What a blessing it was to not have to wonder if Oliver was okay -- of course he was, he was with Karen! =)

The last day, we were able to head down with GrammaRene to hang with John & Annie. Naturally we made a DQ run beforehand!

It was one of those classic NW days -- perfect temp and weather. John & Annie turned their house into a kid's dream with bikes, water tables, bubble machine, slip n slide, pool, etc. etc. It was bliss for us all.

He's just upset he can't do the slip 'n slide

And again, "I love babies." ~Lincoln John

Fortunately, our little thrill seeker LOVED Uncle John propelling her down the slide

There are no words. There just needed to be a picture.

(Oli's checkin' out Hannah Mae in utero wondering, 'When are you gonna come out and play?! I needed you here!!")

Adam picked us up from the airport with flowers & a princess balloon. Took Anabelle all of about 5 seconds to lull into a satisfied and exhausted sleep... what a great trip.
Thanks Bryan & Jenny for getting married and for all the fun memories!

1 comment:

Lauren Burleigh said...

Great pic's! Wish we could have made it to celebrate with everyone.