I know that with every season the kids go (and grow) through, there are highlights and moments that you want to capture forever. However, there is something that's been going on in our family recently that I truly never ever - ever, ever, EVER - want to forget. I'll go so far as to say that should we bottle up all our past & future memories with the kids and have to choose only ONE to remember (I know, unlikely scenario, but hang with me), this would be THE ONE. At least, my one. Adam can choose his own.
Big build up, I know. So, hope this isn't a let down. But, even so, it'd still be my favorite. The one that melts my heart, touches my momma's soul and makes me feel like it is going to be all right with our little family, and well, the world.
This grand 'thing' being the fact that, on her very own accord, Anabelle ever so casually and seriously refers to Oliver as 'Prince Oli." How precious it is to have her tell me stories and throw in "Prince Oli" here and there. Or watch their 'conversations' and overhear Anabelle say, "Prince Oli, you wanna slide now? Come here Prince, come."
Yesterday I had left her on my bed while I took Oliver to his room for a nap. I kiss him, give him passie & blankee, and lay him down in his crib. I turn around, head for the door and am greeted by big sister Anabelle. Bottle in left hand, blankee in the other, slightly forlorn expression on her face, she says geniunely, "No, please don't take my Prince Oli away." That's my favorite - when she throws in the possessive 'my' =) Granted, dear Oliver definitely has to put up with an aggressive sister at times, but hopefully he'll also remember that he was her loved Prince and sidekick through these years as well.
Prince Oliver on his faithful steed!



2 comments:
I love it! I love Oli's face at the end!!! very intense!
Love the smocking on Oli :) He's getting so big! So is Anabelle! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment