"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

3 Weeks and counting...

So, we're due for an update!  And for those of you tracking this blog, I did want you to know that I realize it has quickly become a baby blog for all intensive purposes.  I am thinking that perhaps after about 3 months or so, ya know, when life (hopefully) is back in a routine and therefore Adam & I may actually have time for a life beyond baby, then we'll start blogging about other interesting & non-interesting life things.  But, for now, bear with us as we continue to post all things Anabelle... and I'm thinking many of you don't mind the continuous baby updates :-)

After Adam goes to work in the morning, he takes Anabelle from the bassinet and she and I sleep a shift in the big bed.  You can just imagine how wonderful it is for me to wake up each morning, turn over, and have this snugglekins waiting for me... 

And, at the advice of our friends here in Annapolis, we postponed the pacifier as long as we could.  An hour before she turned three weeks though, we finally buckled and gave the girl what she's been waiting for.  You can see how thrilled she was once we gave in.  She has since been hit and miss with the binkie, but it's nice to have another option for her than constantly nursing!

Little piano fingers.  I wonder if in a few months we'll be able to believe how tiny she was!

Anabelle checkin' me out

Her pensive look

Her semi-surprised look

And her yawn - she really commits to this one

And, since we postponed the binkie, she found her thumb these past few weeks.  Granted, it's a bit alarming as many of you know that her momma was an avid thumb sucker (ahem, until age 11 or so), and thus I know first hand how hard it can be to get a kid to stop!  I mean, the binkie you can strategically lose, but the thumb, it is always with you.  Of course, I can show her the horrid buck-teeth pictures I have of myself for about a 5+ yr. span and also alert her of the amazing amounts of metal you have to put up with in your mouth to correct things... so hopefully she'll learn from her mother's mistakes :-) 

Auntie Belen came for a visit!

And here are our Dec.23rd babies!  It's still hard to believe that the Lord actually brought our babies on the same day - only hours apart- it was the dream!  

Swap!  I finally got to meet and hold little James Henry... granted, my cuddle session with him was cut a little short as his Abuela Elena couldn't resist stealing him away!  :-)  (I don't blame you a bit Auntie Elena, he's too precious!!)

1 comment:

The Kaemingk's said...

Oh Katie I just love her already. I really hope we can find a way to get out to see you guys. The wedding date is set for May 30 ... one week before finals ... so I don't know if I'll be able to swing it. Are you guys around then?

What a dear sweet girl she is. I LOVE the pictures with her arms up in the air. And you look so great! You are glowing with motherhood. I bet it feels good to finally feel good!

I do promise I will call soon ... I want to hear how this journey has been! Know we pray for you both, love you dearly, and miss you tons!