"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beautiful Belle

So Anabelle is almost 7 weeks!! This past week she attended her first National Prayer Breakfast. Granted, I'm not sure she noticed the speakers, the music, the people, or well, anything... but, she was there!! She still sleeps a fair amount, but definitely has her awake hours. She is smiling more and brings PURE JOY to our hearts each time she breaks out in an ear to ear grin. It's like it takes over her entire face and her soul radiates joy -- I'm sure anyone who has seen a baby smile knows precisely what I'm talking about! We've found that she loves her swing... not so fond of the bouncy seat, but the swing can soothe any sort of fussiness and she's happy to sleep in there for hours. Of course, we'd rather hold her for hours :-) but she occasionally gets some swing time when I attempt to multi-task.

Here are a few pics from the past 2 weeks... she's had a bit of a growth spurt and we had to phase out some clothes. I was shocked when I pulled out an outfit that she basically was drowning in a week ago and now it fits perfectly. I actually got kind of sad like my baby is growing up too quickly!! However, upon picking her up I realized she's still pretty tiny :-)

I love how mature & harmonious she looks in this pic! She's such a buddy



Showin' off her height - Thanks for the cute socks Micah & Lindsey!


My college friend Danielle came for a visit from Chicago -- so fun to see her and catch up... it made me miss college and the luxury of having great people (like Danielle) just down the hall



Oh my. I love this girl.


So feminine. Look at that pinky!



She wouldn't stop looking at the light! She always looks directly into light bulbs... they mesmorize her. Not sure how that habit will go over with the opthamologist...



Honestly, the pacifier is half the size of her head!



Peek-a-boo



Who needs a sleep mask when you've got an oversized hood?

2 comments:

the o's said...

hi katie, it's erin! a friend of adams's from spokane. i keep up on your blog and LOVE IT. i'm so happy for you guys w/ your adorable girl! we have the ergo as well and love it so much. and i know the feeling of being a bit sad when those newborn clothes are too small... isn't it crazy how much they change and grow?!? just wanted to say hi and that Annabelle is just beautiful and precious! love the blog!

Code 3 Apps said...

She is so adorable!! Wish we could come for a visit! Love the socks, glad she's getting to wear them!

Lindsey