"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Anabelle's Song

Anabelle has a song... and it's not the hokey-pokey this time :-)

We actually found this song, "Ballad of Sweet Anabelle" by Huckleberry Flint on iTunes one night while I was newly pregnant. Since high school, I have always wanted to name a child Anabelle and fortunately I married Adam who really does love the name too. So, when we found out our baby was a girl, we naturally thought the Lord had given us our Anabelle at last! I did waiver at times, wondering if perhaps the Lord had another name for this daughter and perhaps our Anabelle was further down the kid line... But, when we stumbled on this song, I just started crying and realized that our Anabelle was finally with us.

If you click on the picture, the lyrics will get bigger so you can check out the words. The tune is bluegrass, but it is such a sweet song and every word - right down to the 'silky brown hair' - seems like it was written just for us! I remember listening to it for the first time with Adam and we just kept holding our breath hoping the lyrics wouldn't take a turn for the worse! And indeed, the song turned out to be a true gift to our family. We sang it to her many times during pregnancy and continue to as she grows. We worked with the artist that did Anabelle's birdie pics in her nursery and got her song put on paper so we can all enjoy it for years to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kates-

She did SUCH a GREAT JOB...I love it love it love it and I lov ETSY!!