"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Roberts Do Disney World!

Yep! We just got back from the happiest place in the world and are pleased to report that it is still a very merry place :-) The entire Roberts family was there -- Mom & Dad R, Jason, Carrie + 4 kids Andy, Alexis, Erica & Courtney, Nate, Stacey + 2 kids Rachel & Bobby, and Adam, Anabelle & I! We stayed at a Marriott Timeshare, had wonderful - and HOT! - weather, saw the Magic Kingdom & SeaWorld, did some golfing, movie watching, shopping, laughing, eating & had an all around good time. Adam always particularly enjoys seeing so much of Anabelle during the day and she didn't disappoint this trip. She stuck to her sleeping schedule (12 hrs. straight the first night God bless her!) and napped pretty much all the way through the Magic Kingdom. She found her feet as well!! Grandma Roberts warned that soon she'd try to stick her feet in her mouth and indeed, that night, we looked over and there it was!!

Anabelle got to swim in a big pool thanks to a giant inflatable crab (we thought the crab was appropriate since she's from Maryland afterall) and she LOOOVES the water. She was able to go on a few rides & see shows at SeaWorld & The Magic Kingdom & was very aware of all that was going on around her. She particularly liked "It's a Small World" and we got a kick out of how she studied everything quietly. And a big thanks to Anabelle's buddy Tenley for sharing her neat Minnie bib - it was perfect for treking around the Magic Kingdom all day! :-)

All the cousins were so great with her as well. We definitely have a few 'mommies' in the mix! The girls would always want to hold her, pick her up, and talk to her. Upon discovering she loves the Hokey Pokey, I found them a few times just standing in front of her singing the song & dancing :-) It was SO cute and I can't wait to see these girls all become good friends. Cory is the youngest girl and is about a year and half older than Anabelle. It cracked me up that whenever Cory was around Anabelle would start "talking" to her a lot... I think there was a special baby connection. We are so impressed with our nieces & nephews and are always surprised at how quickly they grow & how smart & funny they are. We always leave our time together wishing the West coast was closer to the East!

Last time we were in Disney World I was pregnant and couldn't ride on anything -- not even the carousel. So, this time it was much more interactive for me & I loved it! I told Adam that at one point during the Thunder Mountain roller coaster I literally thought, "This is the best day of my life!!!!" :-) In retrospect, that may be a bit exaggerated, but you gotta love the magic of Disney! Carrie, Adam & I were able to go on the new Manta roller coaster at SeaWorld where you are basically in a superman position for the entire ride. SO GREAT. However, our equilibrium isn't as solid as it used to be as kids so the rest of the day was a bit shakey - but well worth it!

And the videos are just 3 that we were so happy to finally get! Anabelle always talks so much in the morning and every time I pull out the camera, she gets so distracted she stops. But, here's our chatty giggly girl in the morning & before bed! The early morning one she takes a little while to get goin' but hang in there:-)

Between all the couples, we managed to take over 1000 photos... sooo, I'll be including the first installment of just some of our photos via picasa.
Just follow the link!

Lastly, we must shout out to Mom & Dad Roberts and give them a gigantic THANK YOU for making such a great trip possible!! We love you Roberts Fam!

PS. For watching the videos, you may be best served to scroll to the bottom of this page and click the "Pause" button on the playlist we have attached... otherwise, it all may be drowned out by some of our favorite tunes! Sorry for the inconvenience :-(

No comments: