"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Continued Distractions

No baby still. I am a bit bummed it didn't happen today simply because the midwife that delivered Anabelle was on call today and isn't on call again until next weekend (and please don't let me go that long!) If you talked to me this morning, I totally would've thought it was happening today. I was up from 5am-8:30am with strong contractions and cramping... typical of the beginning of labor. However, I fell asleep finally from 8:30-10:30 and have since simply had stronger contractions, but nothing consistent or too painful.

I will say, I considered drinking castor oil (a 'natural' labor inducer), but then opted to have a nice day getting a haircut and enjoying family instead =) Tomorrow, I will get a gel that is not an induction, but if you are already leaning towards labor, it sometimes gives you that extra push you need. I'm obviously hopeful that we'll be gazing into the eyes of our baby boy tomorrow at some point, but know very well that the Lord has the perfect day and time for our baby's arrival, so also feel okay if it doesn't happen. I do feel like this baby is large & in charge and it is time.... so again, I'm hoping my body will kick in here!

Anabelle continues to enjoy being the center of everyone's attention... it was often commented today that she has no idea what is going to hit her world very soon, bless her heart!

Enjoying the fruits of summer ~ yummy watermelon!
Eyeing the watermelon... does anyone see I want MORE?!
These are her quite popular squinting eyes which she frequently flashes us mainly when she wants to ignore what we are saying
She still loves utilizing the big window by her high chair to socialize with all the neighbors passing by ~ she just knocks on the window and screeches =)
My bro James
Grandpa Coe
Beautiful GG Coe
The Wagner girls, my gparents and fam came over to help us pass the evening and we enjoyed a great Lolli-cooked meal, Adam's guitar playing, and Anabelle's dances... ended up being a very fun and special (and pleasantly distracting) evening!
Anabelle giving kisses around the circle to some lucky ones
After the party, we opted to take some 40 week belly shots just in case I don't have this to 'flaunt' tomorrow!
(Remember this one from week 18?!)
Anabelle promptly wanted her own belly bow once she saw mine of course
I don't see much sympathy weight gained there, sorry AB =)
Perhaps the last shots of baby boy in utero...? Come on out ~ the world is ready for you!!

3 comments:

The Jonker Family said...

What a great post! Love the shots of Grandma & Grandpa. I hope he comes today for you, Kates! Hang in there.

The Kaemingk's said...

Hang in there girl!!! We'll all be anxiously awaiting the news of this little guys birth! :)

Katelin said...

Katie! You are ALL tummy! I can't wait to hear about baby boy's arrival! Miss you dearly...xoxo