"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Catching Up

Not a ton of time to give you a good update in words, but thought we could just share some fun pics so we don't get too far behind! These are from August and September thus far.... and many of them speak for themselves =)

What a little snuggle bug this one is - he simply THRIVES on being held. The bummer for him is that he is baby #2, so he doesn't get held as often as he should or wants to... but he's surviving (as all second babies do!)
Anabelle still LOVES her little brother. She's very inclusive of him and we start our day laying in mommy's bed and giving Oliver a gentle kiss on the head. She says his name so cute -- kinda like "Aw-er." For a long time I just thought she was crazy about cars... then I decoded her lingo and voila, she's crazy about 'Aw-er'! I'll get a video posted of her & Oli soon.
Pleasant fall weather means bike rides with Daddy! She is somewhat in love with her helmet though -- wears it in the car, for walks, around the house, and even shopping once (it was a big hit with the public)

Our good friends Brandon & Rachel Cloud graced our dinner table and juggled AB and Oli quite well... note Oli's "Short, Bald & Handsome" shirt, courtesy of the Clouds
Lookin' like naturals =)
I had just changed AB's diaper and walked it to the trash. When I came back into the room I found both AB & Oli in the same position just lounging. Like sister, like brother I guess!
They both had the left knee up and everything
We got to hang with Bday Buddy James Henry before his family moved to Connecticut - look at Ms. Feminine & Mr. Macho here - what cuties!
Welcome to the World, Elena Jayne! Elena was born 2 weeks after Oliver to my cousin Belen... so they are indeed Bday Month Buddies =) Look at those feminine hands!

Everything of Oliver's is still quite interesting
(Disclaimer: Her father dressed her for bed, ha!)
Need I say more?
Always the entertainer
My friend Gina got Anabelle her first princess purse with an accompanying necklace & bracelet set... the dress up begins ~ yessssss!
AB still 'shares' (aka, piles) her toys on baby brother. He tolerates it well.
We love this little boy!
And he sure loves his Poppy B
Swinging!
The good news: Anabelle lets me put headbands on her these days. The bad news: She likes to wear them like a visor.

Wee!! (She literally shouts that for the majority of her swinging time)
C'mon AB, relax.
This was on Sept. 11th -- I did feel somewhat patriotic and in love with America as we enjoyed the beautiful day, the park, the waterfront, the flag flying in the breeze, and the freedom to just be together doing what we want... God Bless America! =)
Next time I will not be wearing a skirt to the park
And what is a fun day at the park without a temper tantrum when we have to leave it?

2 comments:

The Felts Family said...

HILARIOUS picture of AB and James! Annabelle is an absolute doll in all the pictures! Such a beauty.

The Jonker Family said...

I just love this post! So entertaining to read! I love the one's of your kids sitting identical positions. Classic. Oh, and AB's helmet-love made me laugh. Miss you guys!