"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, November 1, 2010

Double the Fun

Well Happy Harvest, everyone! I have to say, this time of year is becoming a little more interesting once again now that we've got little kiddos in our midst. Adam & I were reminiscing of days long ago when we dressed up, grabbed a spare pillow case, then proceeded to strategize which neighborhoods would yield the most candy for the least amount of effort (ie, send me to the townhouse communities or the neighborhoods filled with houses stacked right next to one another.) Somewhere in high school, I believe the trick-or-treating thing faded away for us... and it has been a long break... until now! Sort of sad out there as I remember more porch lights on and festive decorations displayed back in my day -- people don't seem to be welcoming costumed treaters or doling out candy much any more. Fortunately, some still do and so, trick-or-treat!

The festivities began on Friday with our weekly play group getting together at our favorite park in costume. Like last year, Anabelle had to sport 2 different costumes as one is more difficult to play in. So, here we have our little fairy, costume #1 complete with wand, which she took from me and carried like she had been toting them around for years ~ kind of like "I got this, Mom." Lolli later showed her how to 'make a wish' by tapping someone's head three times and then swirling her wand... she totally went for it.

This captured a fun memory of her as her tutu is covering the swing, causing the illusion that she was a little flying fairy =)

Believe it or not, this is only half of the kid crew in our play group... quite an adorable and well behaved bunch! Fairly impressive that no kid is crying, screaming, falling or running away in this pic ~ success!

Wake up Sleepyhead, Time to trick-or-treat!

Our tiger: Happy & Ready to Go!

Still with the headband as a visor...

Neighborhood buddies: Anabelle the Fairy Princess, Riley as Pebbles, and Kara the Ladybug

OK. Totally impressed with The Saunders this year. They always entertain us with their costumes, but this one was over-the-top awesome (and handmade by Georgia!)

Not nearly as festive as The Saunders, but we'll take it. AB's still worried about camera flashes, hence the eyes. Oli's bjornin' it up.

The girls breaking into the lollipops a bit early

And here is little Owen who is about 2+ months older than Oliver. He was clutching his candy bag so cutely. Poor Oliver was just awakened from his hibernation, but still looks cute =)

And, these are random, but I found them lingering from 2 posts ago when we went to Kinder Farm Park. Not sure why they didn't post, but here they are now! Just thought they were too fun to not share.

This was the coolest little thing at the Park. Kids could come and 'milk' the fake cow. Of course, Anabelle just wanted to put her hands in the water and stare.

What little buddies these two are

Aunt Lauren (accidentally) knocking Anabelle over =) So glad I got this moment documented, ha!

Don't worry, they quickly made up. I love this pic of them~ they are totally having a moment.

No comments: