"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our Little Soprano

Honestly, how I can take myself or my day too seriously when I have this little one in the backseat of my car, belting out the princess songs' 'lyrics' (OK, she catches some pieces, but definitely thinks she's got them all down pat, hence the confident tone)

As often happens, this song is my LEAST favorite on the album, and of course it is her MOST favorite. I think it's from an original version of Beauty and the Beast, but she definitely believes the singer is Barbie. So, 'Barbie Song' it is, and it is requested often. I usually cannot capture these moments as she very strongly disapproves of me holding the camera phone while she erupts in song. But, today she allowed it, though due to the camera's presence, her shrill-factor was a bit muted (believe it or not) compared to the concerts Oliver & I get on our daily commutes.

She carries her princess purse with her everywhere, which is stuffed with her different princess figurines, and as the songs change, she frantically hunts through her purse for the appropriate princess to pull out and wave around as they sing the different princess songs. I *may* have lost her in a puddle of tears a few times when she can't find Ariel to sing "Part of Your World" or something. Oh to have that be my biggest concern again =)

1 comment:

Lauren Burleigh said...

Katie...that is classic. I love how involved her arms are in her singing. Love it!