"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A little off the top, please.

As you all know by now, we have a one year old on our hands as of last Wednesday. What you may not know, is that I am probably the most patient mother on the planet... meaning, I patiently allowed for my son's hair to grow, and grow, and grow this past year per his father's adamant request. In return, Adam promised me that once Oliver turned one, he would give him his first haircut. And so, every time I received a "What a lovely little girl!" or "Hello pretty princess!" from friendly Oliver onlookers, I would just smile, nod, thank them for their kind words and let it roll off my back because the haircut countdown was on.

And so, when the birthday came and went, and Adam was too busy with night school to clip Oli's lovely locks, I began to get antsy. "Saturday" Adam said... and yet, that too came and went. I *may* have suggested the local 'Pigtails and Crewcuts' in hopes of scheduling a luxuriously fun haircut for Oliver, but Adam was committed to being the first one to snip his son's hair. So, I've been ever-so-patiently waiting.

Well, last night was the night. Oliver got a new 'do'.... courtesy of Dad himself (with special thanks to our faithful neighbors The Saunders for holding & distracting a fidgety Oliver). Our son is as handsome as ever - and kinda seems to know it =)

Farewell flyaways!

You can tell he was enjoying the attention

Applauding Adam on

Haircuts tickle!

And why didn't we do this sooner, Dad?!

Precious Princess no more!! Here's our handsome Prince!

No comments: