
Did we mention that amidst the busyness of our move & Adam's travels, we welcomed our newest nifty niece into the world?!! Lauren was induced on the morning of Wednesday the 26th and that evening at 6:01pm, she and James welcomed 6lbs, 14 oz. 19 inches long LILLA ROSE. Children outside the immediate family are not allowed to visit the hospital (though I was tempted to try to pawn off my kids as Lauren's - considering they both probably look more like a combo of James+Lauren than Adam+I anyway!), so on Thursday I was finally able to get someone at the condo to watch my kids while I went and snuggled Miss Lilla. She's perfect and precious and very receiving of love ~ which is good, because there is a lot of love coming your way Lilla girl!
Must mention that Lilla is also known as "Rosie." Isabel, like yours truly, was convinced this baby was a girl and hence has been calling her 'Rosie' for many months now. She feels very proud of her role as the big sister, and also feels very strongly that one should call 'Rosie' by her proper name =) So, you will probably see us use Lilla/Rosie interchangeably. Lauren said that one of Dougie's first words when he met his baby sis was, "Happy." I asked him yesterday after preschool what he thought of Rosie and he looked right at me, smiled, and said, "Happy." Yep Douglas, you got it.
1 comment:
Thanks Kate! You are super sweet. Yes, Dougie and our whole family is Happy!
Post a Comment