"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Festivities

I keep wanting it to really be fall, and thus I keep believing it is fall outside. But, this past week atleast, I have been quite punked by Weather. Take for example, the almost 90 degree day that we had last Friday. I glanced outside that morning and swore it looked chilly and thus bundled both of my children up in 3 layers of clothing and headed to a play date... Anabelle even wore her official snow boots. Did I mention it hit the high 80's that afternoon? She ended the afternoon wearing only pants & socks. The morning chill can certainly wear off by afternoon, so I have now made it a point to check weather.com before any outfit commitments are made =) But, lingering hot weather aside, it is fall, and we are loving the change that comes with it.

I'm going to let the pics speak for us once again! The 'biggies' around here quickly summed up:

1. Adam got a 100% on his latest test, making him an unofficial genius in our eyes. He's doing a great job at juggling the whole work, school, family, life thing these days.

2. Katie finally rejoined the gym and you know what that means... AEROBICS!!! Loving it. I cannot believe how much I still love aerobics and how great I feel in those classes. Granted, Anabelle is not taking well to the childcare there, so thus far I've eventually been pulled out of every class I've tried to take, but we're gonna get there!

3. Anabelle is finally saying more words on her own. She plays shy still with others, but when it's us she is a budding fountain of communication. I absolutely love it and each morning it's fun to all of a sudden hear her try a new word or get an old word a little clearer. She does still resort to jumbled jargon at times, or of course, her classic Anabelle shrill screech, but I'm encouraged =) My latest Anabelle favorite is that she has learned to 'pretend' stuff with me. She was crawling around growling and I said, "Are you a lion??!!" and she growls, stands up and says clearly, "No." "Are you a tiger?!" "YyyyyehNo." "Are you a bear?!" "YyyyehNO." "What are you?" And without flinching she smiles and says, "Me!"

4. Oliver. Oh Oliver. He's so nice to me. Awesome sleeper and pretty good eater -- especially now that his touch of acid reflux has lessened. At his 2 month checkup he was still 75th percentile for everything -- don't remember his length, but he was 11 lbs. 13.8 oz. (which I liked b/c he was born 8 lbs. 13.8 oz... what's with the 13.8's Oliver?!) He is sleeping at least 8-10 hrs. a night and 2 weeks ago gave up his 5:30am feeding, so I usually don't have to get up now until around 8:30! Then we all usually go back to sleep until around 9:30 or 10. So, I am still amazed that my love for sleeping in can continue to be nurtured even with two ~ I had thought I'd have to give that up! I think that day is still coming, but between AB's continued 4 hr. afternoon naps and Oli's long nights, I am just enjoying the sched. while I can!

Fall outfit complete with cowgirl boots!
This pic was from tonight and as I looked at her I thought, "This little girl is exactly what I hoped my little girl would be!" She's dancing around to Sufjan Stevens and has decked herself out with her princess tutu outfit OVER her pink cheetah jammies with the lovely furry pink & sequin tiara on... and I promise I had nothing to do with this except helping her with the buttons!! =)

Another we-love-this-little-girl moment... trying on Daddy's shoes!
Getting a kick out of it
Oooh! Look at me!
Sweet Oliver Lawrence
Hi bud!


Anabelle has recently become paranoid about the camera flash. We are thus getting some fairly awesome scrunchy faced pics these days! This is highly unflattering, but she looks like a little gnome or something!
Much cuter
Balancing herself over the sink. She did this for about 15 minutes straight and squealed whenever Adam tried to turn off the water. She was soaked.
Our camera unfortunately broke this past month, and is still going downhill. So, I apologize for the lack of quality in many of the pics - such a bummer. Had to include this one though. Anabelle always insists Oliver 'dance' with us, so she'll now run over to him and move his feet every once in awhile. He looks so helpless! =)
Camera flash face
'Dancing' with the Wiggles game board
This is what it looks like in our house many evenings.... AB running around dressed up and busy, and little Oliver happily chillin' wherever we plant him.
Lolli, Lauren, the 4 kiddos and I all ventured to Kinder Farm Park this past Saturday for its Fall Festival. It ended up being VERY hot and pretty much the whole town came to the Farm that day too, so it was super crowded. But, we had fun being together -- even though we wished we were somewhere else that day!
LB & Isabel Kate... totally mom & daughter, ya think?
Lolli & the girls



Mooo


Our children 'playing' nicely together - a dream come true!
A Sunday afternoon at the local park.
Ready...
Get Set...
Go!!
Daddy's climbing the wall...
... for a smooch from Anabelle
Meanwhile... happy camper.

1 comment:

Code 3 Apps said...

I cannot believe how much they are sleeping for you!! That's so great though since Adam is so busy, I'm glad you're getting a break at least on the sleeping! They are cute as ever too!!